Cotton Creates loves a challenge and is able to transform almost any dreary item that has seen better days into an unusual and vibrant piece of art. We work with furniture pieces such as chest of drawers, tables or small cupboards as well as home accessories such mirrors and lampshades.
Alternatively, if you have something specific in mind, we will endeavour to scour the market for you to find something that fits your requirements, and then theTransformation Process can begin.
If you like an item that has been sold, similar items can be created, however please bear in mind that no two items will be identical. The furniture style may vary slightly according to availability and we have not have every fabric in stock (that's the beauty or hindrance depending on your perspective of using vintage fabric - once it's gone, it's gone!). We do however stock eclectic fabrics in all colours and can work to any theme!
If you have a potential interest in transforming an item, here is a guide to what will happen next. You can also take a look at this Blog Post to get an idea.
1. Initiation - you get in contact via email or phone
2. Requirements - we discuss what you are looking for and whether you have an item to be transformed or whether an item needs to be sourced
3. Plan - if the item needs to be sourced we will discuss the type of item you have in mind and i'll let you know if there are limitations associated with the style or size
4. Design - You give me an idea of colour palettes which may involve you sending me a photo of the room the item will be in, or giving me a guide such as 'reds and purples' or 'floral', or perhaps an image of another product you like.
5. Discovery - I will source an item and email you photos for your approval
6. Design Confirmation - I send you via email some fabric samples to check that we are both aligned, and if not then modifications can be made
7. Creation - I create the item as per our discussions
8. Completion - I will email you photos of the finished item for approval
9. Delivery and final payment will be agreed
Leadtimes will vary according to the item. It will typically be between 2 and 6 weeks depending upon whether the item need to be sourced or not and how easy it is to find!
Cost & Deposit
A bespoke item will cost the same as an item currently in stock, plus an additional 10%, therefore you can obtain a guide price from other similar items on the website.
A non-refundable 30% deposit is required when the order is placed.